Niomi Cowling join us, team, Talent Acquisition - Hamlyn Williams...
During our recent Impact Day, Hamlyn Williams globally all came together for a friendly inter-office competition.
Impact Days are designed to encourage teams to work towards a common goal and take part in a global competition to have some fun collaboration across all offices.
Our Feb 2021 Impact Day was Valentines themed, here’s how we celebrated:
COMMUNITY LOVE: Showing love for your community.
- We gave to charity.
- Our New York teams donated $450 to ‘Troop 6000’ for Girl Scout cookies, which is entirely made up of girls living in NYC’s homeless shelters.
- Hamlyn Williams matched the $450, which we donated to Feed the People Dallas Mutual Aid, a Black/Latinx, female-led, collective organising mutual-aid to local communities.
- We supported our local communities by shopping local, buying cakes and treats, lunch, and more.
- Colleagues litter picked in their local communities during lunch breaks.
- Our teams baked cakes and gave them to neighbours.
- Other people dropped food to a food bank, shopped for someone isolating, fixed computers for loved ones and as usual, just continued being GREAT citizens and colleagues.
- We let colleagues know we think they’re GREAT.
- We sent praise via MS Teams to each other, celebrating our appreciation for good role models, hard-work, effort, and kindness.
- Mic Herring praised Jerry Breitzman: “Feeling very optimistic about Jerry Breitzman's 1st candidate interview today! He has a CLASS candidate interviewing for a tricky role that he's delivered a solid stack of candidates for. Great work Jerry!”
- A shoutout to the US FS team from Gareth Carpenter: “Shout out to the US Financial Services Division for being an awesome team. Thanks for all your hard work!”
- Cat Cox praised Harry Sliufko: “Harry is one of the main reasons I decided to join HW. I thought he was inspirational, ambitious and a great leader, and he continues to demonstrate this every day. He gives me and everyone in the US so much support and I am very grateful to have him as a mentor.”
- And also to Harrison Kassin and Kate Bishop: “Big thanks to the US Ops team, Kate & Harrison! They both work tirelessly, often behind the scenes - your hard work is greatly appreciated and valued by all!”
- We handed out boxes of cakes to the team in Cardiff helping with the office move, a huge thank you to Pam French, Laura Bryce, Tiffany Heath and Beth Hamer.
- Updated our MS Teams backgrounds with ‘HW Heart’ displays, so everyone was feeling and sharing the love.
- We encouraged teams to make/bake Valentine's themed food with heart-shaped shortbread and red velvet cupcakes being baked.
- Mair Fitzgerald baked biscuits with her kids.
- Niomi Cowling baked cupcakes for her neighbours.
- We all wore red or pink for Valentine's including love heart earrings.
SHARE THE LOVE:
- We posted on LinkedIn sharing the love for the week around Impact Day, with quotes from colleagues across global teams on why they love working at Hamlyn Williams
- We posted these quotes and pictures of our teams doing what they love on Instagram using the hashtag #HWway @hamlynwilliamsrecruitment