Up to £65,000 per year
about 2 months ago
Hamlyn Williams are currently partnering and assisting in a search for an Accounting Manager for an up and coming, exciting Pharmaceutical company based in Swindon. With extensive operations in the US and sales topping $500m, they are looking to establish a hub within Europe to allow them to continue to expand.
This position would be to manage the cost and inventory activities for the UK and Ireland business across both drug products that they currently manufacture. This position would manage all accounting activities including accruals, intercompany activity and other accounting practices. They are looking for someone who is able to analyse the processes behind all essential tasks, and look at trying to improve and implement change.
- Manage the month-end closing process for inventory including:
- Ensure contract manufacturer is observing proper shipping/receiving cut-off procedures
- Timely recording of inventory at the company’s contract manufacturers
- Investigate raw material consumption variances
- Investigation and close-out of manufacturing variances
- Review bill-backs from our contract manufacturer(s)
- Determine the need for inventory reserves
- Manage the month-end close process for operations including:
- Prepare month-end entries account reconciliations for value added tax (VAT), payroll, inventory and accrual accounts
- Meet with department owners to determine monthly accruals
- Prepare spend by department and analysis of budget versus actual
- Determine proper project coding to capture data, including intercompany service billing
- Lead intercompany inventory transitions, including profit eliminations and reconciliations
- Prepare detailed Income Statement analytics for cost of goods sold and assist with balance sheet analytic for relevant accounts
- Supporting statutory VAT reporting requirements.
- Managing the UK general ledger, including ensuring completeness of monthly financial accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
- Working closely with the system administrator to implement any necessary system changes related to the UK ledger as needed.
- Ensure proper documentation and support is maintained.
- Serve as accounting liaison for the company’s UK operations – both business and the company’s contract manufacturing facility(s) - including:
- Assist with the facilitation of contract review and accurate coding of purchase requisitions
- Assist with training the business on financial policies and provide financial support to UK entity business decisions.
- Serve as local point of contact for US Finance team, assisting with prepaid expenses, cash, inventory, PP&E, Duty, taxes, VAT, and other general accounting areas.
- Support the acquisition, impairment, or disposal of fixed assets
- Support resolution of invoicing discrepancies
- Lead in the budget and forecasting process for UK business
- Lead other functions including:
- Perform year-end inventory count at third party manufacturing sites.
- Subject matter expert for ESI costing and inventory for UK and Ireland
- Implement and document SOX controls.
- Support ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley internal control testing.
- Liaison with external auditors and other vendors to ensure requests are met timely.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for monthly system close.
- 5+ years of relevant Management Accounting experience.
- ACA or CPA preferred
- Degree in Accounting or CIMA certificate in Business Accounting required
- Experience within a manufacturing environment/organisation, Pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experienced within Budgeting and Forecasting
- Expert knowledge of Cost and Inventory Accounting
- General knowledge of IFRS US GAAP and UK GAAP, general accounting, and a thorough understanding of cost accounting
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Contact: 0203 545 1103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for James Brookes https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesbrookeshw/