£60,000 - £70,000
7 months ago
Hamlyn Williams are currently partnered with a very exciting global biotechnology organisation, based in Swindon, who are looking to hire an Accounting Manager to join their team at the manufacturing facility. This company are currently one of the most exciting companies out there at the moment, with major growth plans and sales through the roof! With an ambitious 5 year growth plan, they are set for an exciting future.
This position will be responsible for supporting the financial part of the UK business, in general accounting practices, including inventory, accrual, costings, budgeting, carrying out internal audits and managing key stakeholders. This is a position that requires someone to be able to work independently given the reporting line and nature of this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage the month-end closing process for inventory including:
- Ensure contract manufacturer is observing proper shipping/receiving cut-off procedures
- Timely recording of inventory at the company’s contract manufacturers
- Investigate raw material consumption variances
- Investigation and close-out of manufacturing variances
- Review bill-backs from our contract manufacturer
- Determine the need for inventory reserves
- Manage the month-end close process including:
- Prepare spend by department and analysis of budget versus actual
- Meet with department owners to determine monthly accruals
- Determine proper project coding to capture data, including intercompany service billing
- Support intercompany inventory transitions, including profit eliminations and reconciliations
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations for inventory and accrual accounts
- Ensure proper documentation and support is maintained
- Serve as accounting liaison for the company’s UK operations including:
- Assist with the facilitation of contract review and accurate coding of purchase requisitions
- Assist with training the business on financial policies
- Serve as local point of contact for US Finance team, assisting with prepaid expenses, cash, inventory, PP&E, Duty, taxes, VAT, and other general accounting areas.
- Support the acquisition, impairment, or disposal of fixed assets
- Support resolution of invoicing discrepancies
- Perform year-end inventory count at third party manufacturing sites.
- Prepare standard costing for inventory and participate in the budget and forecasting process.
- Assist with streamlining systems to better capture inventory data.
- Prepare detailed Income Statement analytics for cost of goods sold and assist with balance sheet analytic for relevant accounts.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for monthly system close
- Timely complete all monthly close activities and strive to create efficiencies.
- Participate in the annual audit and ensure that all finance and accounting policies, practices and procedures are consistent with statutory, GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Degree qualified with ideally around 5 years experience within a similar type of role.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a Pharmaceutical organization is ideal, as well as working for a Contract Manufacturer.
- Chartered Accountant is preferred.
- Current knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP, general accounting, and a thorough understanding of cost accounting
- Being able to work independently.
- Knowledge of and experience in internal accounting controls and preparing and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel (expert level), Word, Power Point
If this is something that you would be interested in discussing further, then please apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch!