$100,000 - 110,000
19 days ago
The Accounting Supervisor will oversee and provide leadership to Accounting support staff to ensure accurate, efficient and timely completion of daily functions and account reconciliations. Performs general Accounting functions and financial reporting. Assist management in identifying opportunities to streamline procedures, increase timeliness and improve accuracy.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Train, direct, schedule, and motivate Accounting Department staff, as assigned.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for every team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morales.
- Oversee, monitor, review, and approve the following functions:
- Research and resolution of moderately complex issues and outages.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Data entry and recordkeeping.
- Journal entries.
- Accounting department projects.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting reports.
- Process improvements to accounting systems and procedures to mitigate/resolve systemic issues and outages.
- Preparation of audit work papers/computer spreadsheets for outside auditors.
- Compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations.
- Assist with regulatory examinations, annual independent audits and internal audits, as assigned.
- Assist VP/Controller in updating corporate policies and processes, as assigned
- Assists in the preparation and review of the annual budget and other projections as requested by management.
- Assist with regulatory examinations, annual independent audits, and internal audits as necessary. This includes assisting in the development of the audited financial statements including footnote calculations and narratives. Research and develop new footnotes from accounting literature, as applicable.
- Prepare timely employee performance evaluations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Communicates issues timely and via proper escalation channels (i.e. Operational and Member Impact Alerts).
- Ensure compliance with, and efficacy of, internal controls.
- Conduct special studies, projects, ad-hoc reporting, reviews, analyses, and all other duties, as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- EXPERIENCE: Three, or more, years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a financial institution or equivalent preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and writing communication skills required to interact with members, credit union staff and management, and vendors.
- Strong research, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to use logical reasoning when interpreting facts.
- Independent worker with ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Quick learner, responsive, ability to multi-task, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines; may be required to work extended hours to complete tasks.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate a personal computer and standard office equipment including 10-key calculator, telephone and copier.
- Excellent personal computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of existing credit union products, services and overall operational guidelines, including commonly used financial industry concepts and practices
- Knowledge of GAAP, financial analysis, budgeting, and credit union accounting policies and practices.
- Strong knowledge of accounting operations and systems within a financial institution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.