8 months ago
Our client is looking for an AML analyst to support engagements in our financial crimes risk and compliance practice. The candidate will carry out tasks on engagements related to assessments, system implementations, gap analysis, project management, look-backs, remediation, process improvement, and tuning and segmentation.
- Work on engagements related to Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Client (KYC), and all other laws, regulations, and requirements designed to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
- Manage assigned tasks related to drafting case investigations, preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), analyzing/utilizing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Monetary Instrument Logs (MILs), and referencing Customer Identification Programs (CIPs).
- Using strong investigative/analytical skills, able to formulate and clearly articulate a supportable rationale behind the decisioning of “alerts” within cases, as part of look-backs.
- Conduct transaction analysis in the course of look-backs.
- Solve basic problems and include senior team members when appropriate.
- Meet utilization targets.
- Interface with clients in a professional manner, including being prepared prior to client meetings to resolve questions and issues.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML/KYC/OFAC, and Patriot Act regulations
- Meet clearly defined productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Occasional travel required.
- Four-year college degree or international equivalent.
- One to two years’ relevant experience at professional services firm and/or bank.
- Transaction monitoring experience that is focused on correspondent banking activity and/or OFAC experience is a plus.
- Proficient at conducting due diligence using tools such as LexisNexis.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (pivot tables, charts, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Exhibited ability to act as mentor to new hires, helping them to acclimate and introducing them to the group's culture.
- Strongly prefer candidates who are bi-lingual – English-Mandarin.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.