Los Angeles, California
$50ph - $60ph
AML Analyst - Contract - LA
6 months ago
Crypto Currency Company are looking to bring on an AML Analyst (Contract) to help grow the team as they look to continue their success from 2021 into 2022.
The Head Office is based in Los Angeles – This role however is FULLY REMOTE
- Ensure appropriate data integrity on underlying bank systems supporting the BSA/AML process including business segment monitoring / tracking reports.
- Creating and maintaining periodic oversight reports - which may include data validation, report writing, complex excel functions / formulas, macros, pivot tables, general Risk Management dashboards and heat maps.
- Manage the collection and validation of data for the annual BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessment process.
- Experience in designing and implementing a BSA Customer Risk Rating Methodology and AML monitoring system tuning/calibration
- Analyze transactional and customer data sets to identify trends, gaps, inconsistencies, and errors to improve or enhance team efficiencies
- Access AML and Sanctions monitoring systems to identify rules, scenarios, parameters, thresholds, etc.; and evaluate those systems against risk assessments and high-risk documentation
- Organize massive data sets, build data repositories, and extract data for further risk based analysis
- Complete statistical analysis of data sets and draft summary reports to create a change control environment or to justify recommended courses of action for risk based system thresholds
- Work closely with technology partners to identify and implement complex solutions that meet strategic Enterprise and Program needs, and align to regulatory expectations
- Define and monitor monthly KRIs / KPIs including defining measures of performance and effectiveness
- Assists with pulling Quality Assurance review data sets and compliance related ad-hoc projects or other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years or more related BSA Compliance experience.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and all BSA related requirements, including Anti-money laundering provisions, Customer Identification Program requirements, Customer Risk Scoring, the USA Patriot Act, and OFAC.
- Good knowledge of core banking systems
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills and detail oriented