Los Angeles - REMOTE
5 months ago
An AML & Sanctions Officer is required to support the growth of a global online marketplace platform client of ours. This will be a remote role as the business is currently in the process of launching in the USA.
The Compliance Officer requirements are determined by external and internal needs. A large portion of this role will include demonstrating to the regulators that the companies compliance program is in-line with State and Federal regulations. This person will also need to contribute to the US and global Compliance framework and will perform all compulsory reporting herself/himself or can delegate the reporting to associate specialists, or can supervise the process while it is performed automatically.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the compliance program.
- Advise various stakeholders on compliance services, features, and requirements, and work with development and product teams to build up compliance processes (both automatic and manual).
- Communication of significant issues to management; make recommendations when weaknesses are identified.
- Prepare and respond to regulatory inquiries and manage examinations.
- Research and report on regulatory developments and make suggestions with respect to related compliance policy and procedure enhancements.
- Compliance Management Program: develop and maintain a risk-based compliance management program for global payments and collections activities, comprehensively considering its products and services. The program may call for risk assessments, policies and procedures, training, monitoring and testing issues management, complaint management, and reporting. Verify that BSA, AML, and Sanctions topics are fully and adequately covered for the MSB/MTL activities and all products and services.
- Federal and State MSB/MTL Registration, Licensing Maintenance, and Reporting: help obtain and maintain the federal and state MSB/MTL registrations and licenses. Manage the reporting requirements via NMLS or other State-specific methods for the various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports due to States.
- Regulatory Examination Management: entirely manage State regulatory examinations, including receiving notifications of exams, responding to initial examination requests for materials, hosting regulators onsite or offsite, responding to subsequent requests for materials and meetings, and preparing management responses to examinations. Post examination, ensuring findings and recommendations are addressed appropriately.
- Assist the team to drive strategy, framework and execution of the compliance program to maintain comprehensive compliance with applicable U.S regulatory requirements.
- Monitor AML industry developments and maintain advanced knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations, and ensure processes are in place to keep the business updated on such developments.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- 5+ years of professional compliance experience as a compliance risk professional at MSB/MTL, financial institutions, banks, fin-tech companies, financial regulatory agencies, or professional services firms serving financial institution clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements applicable to MSBs/MTL institutions.
- Knowledge of MSB/MTL or payments experience, and experience with OFAC and AML compliance;
- A business mindset with a drive to find solutions that allow business and market share growth in a prudent and long-term-oriented approach.
- Experience working with state and/or federal regulators and agencies (i.e., FinCEN).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) strongly preferred
- Experience in and understanding of payments, gateway, e-money or wallet products and services, banking functions, MSBs, and/or merchant processing; broad experience understanding systems, including how to oversee systems that are outsourced to affiliates or third parties.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch to explore further! firstname.lastname@example.org