Denver - (ON-SITE)
$110,000 - 120,000 + Equity
6 months ago
A Fintech client of ours is looking for an AML Compliance Officer to head the company’s BSA program. This person will play a key role in advising and assisting the company in creating a smooth customer journey while remaining fully compliant with applicable laws and regulations. The AML Compliance Officer reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and is expected to sit in the Denver office.
- Execute the BSA program, to include the OFAC/sanctions screening; customer identification program (CIP); customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence; AML transaction monitoring, alert escalation, and investigations
- Conduct customer onboarding activities, determining when enhanced due diligence is required based on written policy and any unusual risks posed to the company
- Maintain and update the AML/BSA program, policies, and procedures as needed and guide P&P changes through the Company’s change management framework.
- Analyze transactional and customer data sets to identify trends, gaps, inconsistencies, and errors to improve or enhance team efficiencies.
- Create and maintain periodic oversight reports – which may include data validation, report writing, complex excel functions / formulas, macros, pivot tables, general Risk Management dashboards and heat maps.
- Define and monitor monthly KRIs / KPIs including defining measures of performance and effectiveness.
- Assist with Quality Assurance review data sets and compliance related ad-hoc projects or other duties as assigned.
- 3 - 5 years of AML and BSA experience that shows a progression in knowledge, expertise, and responsibility in banking or fintech situations.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act and all BSA related requirements (AML provisions, CIP requirements, Customer Risk Scoring, the USA Patriot Act, and OFAC screening)
- CAMS or CFCS certification required, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Expertise in implementing, maturing, and operating a three-line-of-defense compliance program
- Ability to research, integrate and monitor AML and terrorist financing laws in other countries where expansion may be considered or warranted
- Experience with regulatory audit and examination, as well as program and operation reviews conducted by banking partners
- Familiarity with quantified risk assessment, data analysis, and senior management reporting
- AML and BSA aptitude in payroll, payments, prepaid payment cards, payment card processing, and/or international situations.
- Knowledge of or experience with privacy and information security regulations and standards in various U.S. states, federal, European/UK GDPR, and other geographies/jurisdictions; including security frameworks such as PCI DSS, SOC 2, and ISO 27001.
- Experience with data analysis using Excel, SQL, R, PowerBI or similar business intelligence platforms or languages.
You can apply by selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Financial Crime & Compliance market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Kayla Bane, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 326-3672