Boca Raton, FL
4 months ago
A Wealth Management client of ours is looking to bring on an experienced AML Officer. The AML Officer will ensure the firm is in compliance with the Bank Secrecy (BSA) Act, USA Patriot Act, and other related rules and laws. The specialist assists in monitoring, analyzing, investigating, and reporting on cases involving potential money laundering or terrorist financing activity.
As the AML Officer, you will:
- Develop and possess a working knowledge of fraud detection and current AML trends.
- Perform customer identification and background checks.
- Monitor OFAC, negative news, and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network alerts against client base.
- Perform enhanced due diligence and risk assessments on new customers and periodic reviews as necessary.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence related to potential suspicious activity through the reviewing of client background information, reviewing of securities transactions, and fund movements as necessary.
- Lead cross-training the AML department to build a more sustainable and agile team.
- Oversee the quality of work output of the AML department.
- Review and analyze potential suspicious activity generated by alerts from an AML software system, reports, notifications, and other sources.
- Effectively communicate with client’s and other lines of business as necessary to confirm or obtain information.
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports as appropriate.
- Assist in other areas of the firm’s AML program as needed.
As the AML Officer, you will need:
- Working knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering efforts, USA Patriot Act, and OFAC preferred
If you are a skilled AML Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Hannah Twomey, email@example.com, 619-324-0225