REMOTE / California
about 1 month ago
An AML Officer/CCO is required to support the growth of a global online marketplace platform. This will be a remote role as the business is currently in the process of launching in the USA (likely in California) but would be ideal for someone looking for a Consulting position that will likely become fulltime (40 hours per week) and potentially permanent in the coming months too. Initially this role would require arund 20 hours per week.
A large portion of this role will include demonstrating to the regulators that the companies compliance program is in-line with State and Federal regulations, mainly CA DBO & NY DFS. This person will also need to contribute to the US and global Compliance framework and will perform all compulsory reporting herself/himself or can delegate the reporting to associate specialists, or can supervise the process while it is performed automatically.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the compliance program.
- Advise various stakeholders on compliance services, features, and requirements, and work with development and product teams to build up compliance processes (both automatic and manual).
- Communication of significant issues to management; make recommendations when weaknesses are identified.
- Prepare and respond to regulatory inquiries and manage examinations.
- Research and report on regulatory developments and make suggestions with respect to related compliance policy and procedure enhancements.
- Compliance Management Program: develop and maintain a risk-based compliance management program for global payments and collections activities, comprehensively considering its products and services. The program may call for risk assessments, policies and procedures, training, monitoring and testing issues management, complaint management, and reporting. Verify that BSA, AML, and Sanctions topics are fully and adequately covered for the MSB/MTL activities and all products and services.
- Federal and State MSB/MTL Registration, Licensing Maintenance, and Reporting: help obtain and maintain the federal and state MSB/MTL registrations and licenses. Manage the reporting requirements via NMLS or other State-specific methods for the various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports due to States.
- Regulatory Examination Management: entirely manage State regulatory examinations, including receiving notifications of exams, responding to initial examination requests for materials, hosting regulators onsite or offsite, responding to subsequent requests for materials and meetings, and preparing management responses to examinations. Post examination, ensuring findings and recommendations are addressed appropriately.
- Assist the team to drive strategy, framework and execution of the compliance program to maintain comprehensive compliance with applicable U.S regulatory requirements.
- Monitor AML industry developments and maintain advanced knowledge of new and amended laws and regulations, and ensure processes are in place to keep the business updated on such developments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of professional compliance experience as a compliance risk professional at MSB/MTL, financial institutions, banks, fin-tech companies, financial regulatory agencies, or professional services firms serving financial institution clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements applicable to MSBs/MTL institutions.
- Previous interactions with NY DFS is critical and also knowledge or experience with CA DBO
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch to explore further: firstname.lastname@example.org