$175,000 - $200,000 + bonus + stock
3 months ago
A large Fintech client is looking for an experienced AML & Sanctions expert to join it’s expanding US Compliance team!
This individual will work alongside the businesses CCO and other AML team members in a highly collaborative and hands-on manner. You will work closely with U.S. Regulators, as well as internal legal, operations, risk, data privacy and compliance professionals on a regular basis.
The best candidate will be a subject matter expert with BSA, AML, Counter-Terrorist Financing (“CTF”), and OFAC sanctions in the Payments industry, former state regulators or individuals with proficient experience in the banking industry will also be considered.
- Act as the focal point for the oversight of all activities relating to the prevention and detection of BSA/AML/Sanctions/CTF.
- Providing support / guidance to senior management to ensure that BSA/AML/Sanctions /CTF risks are identified and managed, to communicate key BSA/AML/Sanctions /CTF issues including significant compliance deficiencies.
- Carry out risk assessment at the enterprise level and on products and services in the US market.
- Work with in-house AML product and technology team to select and implement relevant technology solutions, where needed.
- Actively identify and report suspicious transactions by reviewing internal disclosures and act as the main point of contact with the U.S. regulators and law enforcement agencies, when required.
- Continuously develop and review the BSA/AML/Sanctions /CTF systems to ensure they remain current, meet current regulatory requirements and are effective in managing risks arising from the business.
- Conduct due diligence review on strategic business partner and M&A target companies to evaluate potential BSA/AML/Sanctions /CTF risks.
- 10+ years of relevant compliance or regulatory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Native proficiency in English required. Mandarin Chinese desirable. International banking or relevant financial institution work experience a plus.
- The potential to travel 15% to 20% of the time.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments, MSB, or financial services is highly preferred.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree, JD preferred.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch to explore further!