4 months ago
Are you a trading application specialist who is a natural problem solver and a desire to work within the crypto trading industry?
Hamlyn Williams are delighted to be partnered with a global powerhouse of the Crypto market who are looking to grow their team in the UK with Application Support Engineers for their Exchange team. The company have grown year on year since establishing themselves in 2016, with offices in Europe and Asia, and plans to further expand in 2021.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions to ensure high performance and SLA services across the company platform. The role is focussed on supporting a trading platform, so the ability to monitor, investigate, solve, and/or escalate infrastructure and software production issues are key to success in this position.
• Ensure maximum uptime for multiple production systems
• Provide production support to internal users for the trading, data processing, and IT operations
• Perform system operation and administration tasks, including checking and monitor multiple systems performance on a daily basis
• Work closely with internal users and external vendors to investigate and resolve production system issues, and communicate system enhancement /bug fix requirements to multiple engineering teams
• Work with different internal teams to maintain and upgrade the product
• A strong interest in working in technology and/or financial environments
• Familiar with SQL (e.g. to find the high and low price of trades) or Python / bash scripting
• Experience to support exchange / high frequency / low latency trading system.
• Experience in Database query and basic Linux command
• Previous experience with programming/scripting languages is preferred
• Understanding of FIX protocols
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
• Help in setting up the support model with the team in long term
• Provide phone or remote support in the non-office hour in case required
• Experience driving monitoring, alerting and reporting initiatives
If you’re passionate about providing high quality service within application support, then this could be the role for you. The company are looking to speak to people with a strong background in Financial Services or Trading platforms.
The role is a remote position, applicants will need to be based in the United Kingdom.