San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
The Associate Director will be the Global Regulatory Lead with the Global Development Team/s, providing strategic regulatory guidance for assigned programs in the Emerging Viruses (including COVID-19) therapeutic area. She/he will represent regulatory affairs at cross-functional team meetings and will serve as the primary contact with the FDA for the assigned project(s).
- Responsible for preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of technically complex regulatory affairs which require extensive interaction with departments outside of Regulatory Affairs for investigational and commercial products, in line with ICH requirements, regional requirements and scientific and company policies and procedures. Examples include supplements and license renewals to clinical trial applications and marketing authorizations, and original INDs/CTAs and NDAs/MAAs for assigned territories.
- Provides strategic regulatory advice as appropriate.
- Ensures up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and communicates changes in regulatory information to project teams and senior management in a timely manner.
- Initiates local process improvements and contributes to local and / or global process improvements, SOP updates, which have a significant impact for the Regulatory Affairs Department or other departments.
- Plans, schedules, and arranges own activities and those of direct reports (if applicable).
- Must have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and regional requirements for assigned territories and have an in-depth understanding of current global and regional trends in Regulatory Affairs.
- Must be capable of developing and implementing regulatory strategy and of managing complex negotiations with Regulatory Authorities.
- Must be capable of assuming leadership role in updating and preparing the Company for minor changes in legislation in assigned territories and of actively participating in a broader cross functional team for implementation of major changes (region specific).
- Must be capable of leading a team in preparation of complex regulatory submissions and maintenance of licenses.
- Work is performed under consultative direction towards corporate regulatory goals and objectives.
- Is recognized as a knowledgeable resource for Regulatory Advice in other departments.
- Has demonstrated ability to act as primary Company contact with Regulatory Authorities. May have experience working with Regulatory Authorities in multiple territories.
- Previous people management experience is desirable.
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with BS/BA
- 8+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with advanced degree
- Degree in a scientific field is preferred.