about 1 month ago
Our client is a global leading Credit rating agencies with aggressive global expansion in Asia, They are now looking for experienced DCM origination candidates who got strong negotiation skills in deal sourcing among corporates , those who are working as Relationship Management from global corporate bank who aims for a rather work life balance working style are highly preferred.
Fluent Mandarin & English is a must.
This role is based in Hong Kong, within the Business Relationship Management (BRM) group in Greater China, providing tactical marketing and business development management to assigned product groups.
Job Responsibilities :
- Issuer Marketing / Business Origination (across Sovereigns, Financial Institutions, Corporates, Structured Finance Originators, International Public Finance amongst others) Banker / Arranger outreach
- Reporting to the Senior Director based in Hong Kong, the job holder will be responsible for all BRM activities covering the following product groups: Corporates, International Public Finance (IPF), and Global Infrastructure Finance (GIG). The individual will also cover Corporates/IPF/GIG issuers to originate business from the covered portfolio in Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong, Guangxi, and Hainan.
- Work closely with the senior business originators and other team members based in Hong Kong to implement business strategy and initiatives e.g. meeting the assigned Corporates/IPF/GIG revenue budgets for Hong Kong Centre, maintaining the leading market shares, etc.
- Maintain and build constructive business relationships with assigned existing Corporates/IPF/GIG issuers. Identify potential issuers and acquire new relationships via direct marketing/outreach
- Independently handle and tackle sophisticated or challenging business requests e.g. bidding for new mandates (initial rating & bond mandates), pitching for rating retention/conversion, negotiating commercial terms, gathering market intelligence for business decision making, conducting cold calls to prospect issuers, etc.
- Develop relationships with active investment bankers / underwriters / relationship managers / sector bankers for winning business opportunities covered by Hong Kong Centre
- Work closely with internal/external counterparts (issuers, bankers, Fitch analysts, etc) to assure smooth execution of new and existing rating exercises
- Work with revenue management team to lead and manage rating contract renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with business/billing support team to conduct timely billing and manage accounts receivables
- Maintain and track Corporates/IPF/GIG deal flows on a regular basis and provide timely update to the senior management via weekly, monthly and ad-hoc market reports
- Work closely to promote ESG ratings
- Provide back-up coverage to other business originators in Greater China when needed
- A minimum of 6-years (9-years for a Director) relevant marketing or relationship management experience in debt capital markets or banking/financial services sectors;
- Experience in handling business relationship with SOEs, property issuers, LGFVs, and other relevant issuers;
- College or MBA degree with specialization in business, finance and other relevant disciplines;
- Some exposure to Bloomberg or Wind, effective presentation and negotiation skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and market participants on important industry issues;
- Travel to Mainland China will be required once border restrictions are lifted