3 months ago
A Banking client of ours is in the process of developing a 100% new, digital bank, and is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join their Legal Department, providing analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues in relation to digital banking. This person will provide support for digital consumer product offerings with emphasis on consumer lending.
Backed by the stability and capital of a large banking institution and with the flexibility and fast-paced environment of a startup, this is a unique opportunity to be an integral component in the build out of a new digital bank.
• Enforce the Bank's legal policies and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations – with heavy focus on consumer regulatory compliance (Reg Z, FCRA, FDCPA, FACTA, TILA, privacy, and consumer protection laws/regs)
• Drafting user terms and conditions, agreements, and disclosures for online consumer lending platforms
• Preparing analyses of various federal and state laws and regulations, including impact on the business.
• Assisting with rountine compliance issues for the operational staff.
• Assisting with regulatory examinations by federal and state regulatory agencies.
• Performing other legal-related duties for the Bank as assigned by GC or Deputy GC.
• At least 8-10 years’ experience representing financial institutions in consumer lending/credit matters, with strong understanding of major consumer credit compliance laws.
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
You can apply by selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Fintech Compliance, Financial Crime & Legal market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Fintech Companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Kayla Bane, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 326-3672