£85,000 - £90,000 DOE
Emily Jane Ashley
about 1 month ago
We are delighted to be representing one of our fintech partners on the search to find a Head of Assurance to join the growing team across the UK.
Our client is Giant in the fintech payment transfer space with unicorn status across the globe. We are looking for a Assurance Manager with a background in Risk/Audit to join the team!
The Assurance Manager will be a key element in the growth of the business control and oversight function. The role will be responsible for a global footprint, designing, overseeing and growing a comprehensive assurance testing and risk oversight approach.
The role will include building a framework for monitoring, testing, reporting, governance and escalation. You will be interacting and improving existing risks and controls frameworks whilst maintaining the highest quality.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a team and demonstrate and develop team leadership skills. The Head of Assurance will report into the Head of Risk and Regulatory and will be mentored throughout.
Requirements of the role:
- Build and lead a new team of assurance testing experts.
- Carry out team management responsibilities e.g 1:1’s and performance reviews.
- Manage and build from scratch the global assurance and testing framework.
- Use a risk-based approach to assess and test internal risks.
- Develop and manage a programme of assurance testing, covering regulated entities globally.
- Prepare and deliver assurance methodologies to the wider group highlighting key initiatives, regulatory trends and areas of concern.
- Act as the SME on assurance and testing
- Share knowledge on internal trends and wider industry developments within the compliance department
- Provide training and mentorship to junior team members within the controls functions.
- Work alongside the business, Regulatory team and wider control functions.
Skills and Experience:
- Firm background in risk/controls/assurance/Audit in financial services, preferably within an EMI or has payments institution experience
- Understanding of assurance frameworks, drivers of risk, controls and good practice within the industry.
- Experience in building and developing assurance frameworks through all LOD’s.
- Strong understanding of control design assessment and effectiveness testing techniques and practices.
- Experience is building audit frameworks is advantageous.
- Experience in growing/running a team.
- Competative salary
- 10% annual bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Remote working scheme
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to step up in their career. My client is an advocate of personal growth with a strong internal culture for training and development. If you would like to apply for the role then please apply or reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org