Dallas, TX, USA
about 1 month ago
A large national consultancy client of ours is looking for an Assurance Experienced Staff to join their team in their Dallas office. This consultancy is known for providing the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
The Assurance Services’ industry-focused teams deliver quality audits and other services to public and privately owned middle-market companies, not-for-profit organizations and governmental agencies. Services include internal audit, employee benefit plans, outsourced accounting, contract compliance and sustainability audits.
- Oversees staff on pre-audit planning and field work for engagements, reviewing client accounting and operating procedures
- Performs internal control testing and planning to support an audit opinion, such as: preparing supporting work paper documentation, conducting analytical reviews of account balances and preparing financial statements
- Research technical issues that arise during the course of audit engagements
- Create draft audit reports for management review
- Assist Seniors, Managers and Partners in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs and internal audit reports.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
- 1-2 years of related experience in the external audit space.
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements of 150 hours to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in your state of employment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with teams as well as work independently
- Organization and project management skills
- Ability to take direction, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office