28 days ago
Automation Architect - Ruby, Cucumber, BDD
Travel requirements 50%-75&
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, US consulting firm who typically operate across the MidWest and South.
As an Automation Architect you will help define strategy, help create detailed automated test plans as well as solve complex automation challenges that face teams.
You will create all automation related documentation – establish and share vision, direct technical work, lead technical meetings and organization and lead automation team members.
- Some of your responsibilities will include UAT, regression, systems testing, reporting, tracking and diagnosing automation strategies. Additionally, you will help build, support and implement the Automation Framework by working hand-in-hand with development teams early in the development phase to perform automated testing – experience testing integrated environments and troubleshooting across an integrated platform is critical.
- Expert level experience developing automating test suites and integrating automation in continuous build environments will also be expected.
- You will also help lead the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of automated functional test cases, automated scripts and other test artifacts, including test data and data verification processes (testing and automating API’s are a plus and/or familiarity with API testing preferred).
- Preference given to individuals who have automated in an agile environment leveraging BDD/ATDD practices with a strong emphasis on Object oriented test design.
- Work with the client to understand the strategy and testing automation approach
- Create and maintain automated test scenarios following object oriented test design principles
- Drive technical direction for solutions and understand the business problem the team is solving
- Mentors team members around the development of technical skills and practices.
- Participates in backlog discussions, amigos meetings, and estimation sessions
- Provides input on prioritization of stories
- Use QA and Automated Testing tools to test applications
- Report and manage defects using a defect-tracking tool
- Report and communicate automated testing status
- Experience with Ruby and Cucumber in a BDD environment
- Prior experience with multiple automation frameworks and tools such as Java/Selenium, .NET/Specflow, QTP, TestComplete, etc…
- Prior experience leading and establishing new automation initiatives/teams or significant experience leading automation teams with proven track record of capability improvement and uplift.
- 5+ years of consulting experience in the Software Testing and Quality Assurance industry
- 5+ years of experience as an automation developer
- 3+ years of experience with Software Test Automation with Ruby/Cucumber, .NET/SpecFlow, and/or Java/Selenium/Cucumber
- 3+ years of experience with Behavior Driven Design (BDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Experience standing up ATDD frameworks in newly transitioned agile teams
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior resources
- Experience coaching developers in test automation practices
- Experience interfacing with Enterprise Architecture groups
- Demonstrated experience with continuing expansion of responsibility
- Experience creating and implementing automation frameworks at more than one client/company.
- Agile software development experience\Experienced with source control tools such as Git
- Experience and understanding of SOLID, DRY, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, Clean Code, refactoring, source control, automated deployment and iterative development
- Strong understanding of functional and requirements testing and QA methodologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience testing Big Data or BI solutions a plus
- Must be highly motivated, result-oriented, and possess the ability to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines concurrently with minimal supervision