Up to 55 € an hour
10 days ago
Automation Engineer - 6 months
We are currently working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation based in Ireland, who are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer, on a 6 month contract, to be responsible for the implementation and support for Process Automation Equipment and Applications used on the production site.
- Assist in the planning, development, and deployment of Process Automation solutions
- Responsible for completing scheduled administrative tasks on Process Automation solutions
- Provide technical support for control systems to engineering, maintenance and process engineers across Manufacturing and Process Development as required
- Proactively identify opportunities, anticipates problems and implement solutions with the Process Automation Engineers, Process Engineers, Manufacturing Associates and the Maintenance team as required for business impacting issues
- Records and investigates issues, performs root cause analysis, escalates to management and other teams as required. Co-ordinates the response with external vendors for issue resolution, upgrades etc.
- Assist in co-ordination and management of control system related projects. Works with vendors, Engineering project managers and business users to implement systems to the required standards.
- Liaise and communicate with site users and vendors to ensure control systems operate to maximum effect, and as per the Site IT Automation Strategy
- Apply knowledge and support for 21CFR part 11 and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Prepare specifications, protocols, procedures and other documentation as required. Keep documentation current as per site good documentation and data integrity practices (drawings, specifications, validation documentation etc).
- Perform support (with some after hour on-call), change control, and applicable maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- 5 – 10 years’ experience on Automation Systems (Rockwell PLC is a must)
- Strong hands on experience, surrounding design, system build out, as well as programming, validation and qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to development documentation compliant with GAMP standards.
- Previous experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industries and GXP Computerized Systems
- HMI SCADA programming experience a plus
You can apply for this role by sending us your CV or by calling us now!
Contact: 0203 545 1103 or email email@example.com.
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so feel free to get in touch with us to find out how we can help you.
You can learn more about me by looking me up on LinkedIn. Search for James Brookes https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesbrookeshw/