Remote (Until July) Vacaville, California (From July)
7 days ago
3 Months Initially
Automation Project Manager
My client, a leading biotechnology company, are currently looking to bring on an experienced Automation Project Manager to join their existing team. The role would be on an initial 3 month contract however there is a strong possibility for extension based on performance. The role would be remote until July before moving on site in Vacaville, California. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a company who have been a market leader for the last 40 years and are committed to using groundbreaking science to discover medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases.
This position will have overall responsibility for leading complex small capital projects or programs to successful completion. You will be responsible for effective project management of all major project phases: initiation, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, qualification and closeout. On top of this you will be responsible for ensuring that the capital investment is able to achieve functional, strategic, compliance and financial goals. The role will require excellent internal and external collaboration and influencing skills and the ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of projects. Typical project/program size ranges from $500k - $10M.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8 years experience successfully managing projects in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical preferred), Science or equivalent is required.
- Experience with capital projects, project controls, and project scheduling.
- Experience from a background of manufacturing, design or construction.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, collaboration, and management skills.
- Special knowledge requirements include biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical processes and facility design approaches, plus a solid understanding of cGMP requirements.
If interested in applying or have any questions about the role, please give me a call or send your CV to:
Telephone: 020 3545 1111
We recruit for a variety of opportunities in Life Sciences so please feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion to find out how we can help you.