Wilmington, DE OR Dallas, TX
about 1 month ago
AVP, Collections Strategy
The AVP of Collections Strategy will be tasked with the oversight, enhancement and recording of the recovery strategy in the first line of defense for the bank’s consumer credit card portfolio. This individual will have ownership over the strategic development of these initiatives, as well as significant exposure to many different business units across the consumer lifecycle.
- Oversee and review the existing charged off debt recovery strategies as well as presenting current key metrics to upper management
- Manage and measure efficiencies in debt collection agencies, make strategic recommendations in order to maximize effectiveness
- Utilize customer segmentation in order to maximize portfolio performance and reduce net credit loss
- Effectively liaise and develop relationships with internal stakeholders with different levels of experience, collaborating across Operations, Risk, etc.
- Develop and maintain visibility and insight into all stages of the credit risk lifecycle, including initial line assignment, existing customer management, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience with consumer credit risk, specific experience within collections and or recovery strategies strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to present insights to non-technical individuals
- Ability to work autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- 2+ years’ experience with SAS/ORACLE and/or Python
- 2+ years’ experience with Data extraction/management
- 2+ years’ experience with consumer credit cards
- Exposure working within the risk and control framework/regulatory environment on a large-scale consumer bank