Los Angeles, CA, USA
9 months ago
A large banking client of ours based in Los Angeles is looking for an AVP, Compliance to join its Quality Control team. This institution works with high net worth clients, so interactions will be with organizations in many industries including Technology, Life Sciences and Banking, mainly in California.
As an AVP you will be required to undertake senior level duties including working with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance related)
- 5+ years' worth of Compliance experience in a Bank
- Experience in working with clients externally
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, review and adjust BSA/AML/KYC and compliance related quality assurance testing plans
- Perform and coordinate regular and ad hoc Compliance Risk Assessment to identify and assess potential compliance risk impacts, effectiveness of compliance risk controls, and provide recommendations to enhance compliance risk control methods to mitigate risks
- Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC and compliance related quality assurance testing on various business transactions on a sampling basis; testing includes, but are not limited to regulatory compliance on Regulation B, Regulation CC, Flood Insurance, customer due diligence, high risk customer reviews, PEP screening, sanctions, negative news search, etc.
- Prepare Compliance Risk Assessment and Management Reports which includes remediation and trending analysis
- Evaluate and track all open QC and Audit issues to ensure the owner departments are making progress on the corrective actions
- Work closely with different Business Lines, KYC Team and Compliance Team to identify and assess areas of compliance risk, and suggest appropriate recommendations to enhance regulatory compliance
- Assist in internal and external audits; take corrective actions in response to the audit findings
- Define and enhance parameters and risk attributes for data collection and management
- Assess if supporting documentation from quality assurance testing is accurately captured
If this opportunity interests you and you have the desired skill set and experience, please apply directly with an updated resume.