Los Angeles, CA, USA
2 months ago
A large banking client of ours in the Los Angeles area is looking for an AVP - CRE Underwriting and Portfolio Management professional to add to their team.
- Review commercial real estate loan applications and analyze credit information to make a general assessment of borrower’s creditworthiness;
- Review contracts, leases appraisals, environmental assessment reports, flood determinations, insurance policies and other information to assess risks associated with the Bank’s collateral position;
- Perform financial analysis, prepare greenlight memo and credit recommendation report; present loan recommendations to credit committee and other relevant departments in the New York Branch;
- Work closely with Account Officers to structure and negotiate the financing structure, credit opportunities, term sheet and commitment letter with outside legal counsel, borrowers and brokers;
- Partner with Loan Administration and outside counsel in the review of loan documentation to ensure documents meet agreed-upon business terms;
- Complete annual review, renewal and/or modifications associated with new money requests and ongoing loan covenant monitoring for the existing loan portfolio;
- Identify potential credit problems and recommend action to prevent potential loss;
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff in financial analysis, portfolio management, risk assessment and customer relationship;
- Perform any duties as assigned by Branch Management.
- 6+ years of experience in CRE underwriting and portfolio management.
- Foreign banking experience a plus.
- Must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited university.