Los Angeles, CA, USA
$80,000 - $120,000
9 months ago
A banking client based in downtown LA is looking for an experienced Underwriting professional to take on a role in its Commercial Real Estate function.
Here is a high level overview of the responsibilities for the role:
- Review commercial real estate loan applications and analyze credit information to make a general assessment of borrower’s creditworthiness;
- Review contracts, leases appraisals, environmental assessment reports, flood determinations, insurance policies and other information to assess risks associated with the Bank’s collateral position;
- Review financial statement analysis, prepare greenlight memo and credit recommendation report; present loan recommendations to credit committee and other relevant departments in the New York Branch;
- Work closely with Account Officers to structure and negotiate the financing structure, credit opportunities, term sheet and commitment letter with outside legal counsel, borrowers and brokers;
- Partner with Loan Administration and outside counsel in the review of loan documentation to ensure documents meet agreed-upon business terms;
- Complete annual review, renewal and/or modifications associated with new money requests and ongoing loan covenant monitoring for the existing loan portfolio;
- Identify potential credit problems and recommend action to prevent potential loss;
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff in financial analysis, portfolio management, risk assessment and customer relationship;
- Perform any duties as assigned by the management of the Branch.
- 5+ years' worth of relevant Underwriting experience
- BA Degree
If you are interested and want to apply, please get in touch with an updated resume.