4 months ago
Azure Solution Architect
The ideal Architect can best be described in three words:
- Complexity: As an IT Architect you are able to make the right trade-off between short-term delivery of IT solutions and securing long-term solutions in which the architecture is secured.
- Decisiveness: You are able to discuss the possibilities and limitations of the customer's wishes. The customer is central, but the IT architecture strategy is represented and monitored by you.
- Tech-savvy: The IT environment offers many opportunities to be involved on a tactical and strategic level with the impact of IT developments such as DevOps, Cloud (migration to Azure) and more!
The Azure Solution Architect will ideally have the following responsibilities:
As an Azure Solution Architect, you are responsible for the architecture support of all IT changes that are carried out within the Functions domain. The complexity of the position lies in guiding and supporting the development teams (blocks) that require knowledge of the IT technological future. In addition to substantive knowledge of one of the grids, you must be aware of the Standards and Guidelines supplied by Enterprise Architecture (CADM), and you must also comply with them. The Solution Intent (SI) and the Future State solutioning are also sustainable solutions based on the Future State Architecture (FSA). It is your job to propose solutions that are supported by both the customer and IT. You play an important role in implementing the bank's IT strategy.
- You are the point of contact for architecture for one of the grids
- You support 3-5 blocks in architecture choices
- You formulate the Solution Intent and ensure that the solution is in line with the standard but also meets the Business Demand
- You are a sparring partner of the Engineering Lead / IT Lead and Product Owner
- You maintain the Current State Architecture
- Escalates engineering and architecture issues in a timely manner to the Enterprise Architect, Product Owner or the IT Engineering Lead / IT Lead.
The Azure Solution Architect will ideally have the below skills and expertise:
You are the person who has an eye for the challenges that architecture offers. You can listen to the customer's wishes, but also convince the same customer if the solution is not possible or desired. You deliver quality in your Solution Intent, but you can also be pragmatic if necessary. In addition, you must be able to deal with architecture at a strategic level, and also to deliver a detailed solution.
We are looking for a team player who can move effortlessly between different teams and stakeholders. Someone who is able to make the right decisions about short and long-term architecture choices and who enables the delivery teams to work independently on IT delivery.
- Knowledge at university level with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of system engineering
- TOGAF and Archimate certified
- Autonomously driven to understand the bank's architecture and to know the (planned) developments in it
- Knowledge about IT development methods, IT languages, system solutions, technical IT design issues, IT Deployment and Test & Release Management, etc.
- Knowledge of infrastructure in own focus area
- Knowledge of current IT trends, both within and outside your own area of expertise (Cloud, API, Open Banking, DevOps, CI/CD, SOA, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) and Lean methodologies
- Azure platform experience
· We offer you the freedom to get the best out of yourself, to work flexibly and plenty of room to grow
· We help you to stay fit & vital
· An additional benefit budget of 11%, with which you can buy flexible employment conditions
· A personal development budget of €1,000 per year
· An annual public transport subscription or transport budget, depending on the position
· A good pension scheme
If you are a skilled Azure Solution Architect, you can apply by:
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a market specialist in the Netherlands working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Service and IT industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Kevin Lindijer at email@example.com.