6 days ago
BI Analytics Engineer
As an experienced BI Analytics Engineer/Data Engineer you will further develop our Data Warehouse (DWH). With your expertise, you will lift the existing Data Warehouse to a higher level and make it future proof.
You will be in a multidisciplinary team in which several competencies are present, like Application Managers, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Change Leads etc. The team consists of different ages, nationalities, and backgrounds. We strive for an informal, collegial atmosphere where respect, trust and appreciation are core values. You will make our small, dedicated team stronger. Your manager steers on your advice, and you act as a sparring partner and specialist for all competencies in the team.
The BI Analytics Engineer will ideally have the following responsibilities:
- You design and create data models, ETL processes, prepare implementations and support implementation and testing of our DWH.
- You can answer questions regarding the use of data and the best way to make this data available.
- You truly understand the importance of data to clients and our organization and with your industry expertise, skills, and capabilities you anticipate future business needs. From there you create a plan for how data will support and enable this, based on the data architecture.
- You are a fantastic sparring partner for business stakeholders and other colleagues, with whom you implement solutions for data.
- Contribute to the improvement of the structure, design, and development of the DWH.
- Implement changes to the existing DWH.
- Design and model parts of the DWH and required ETL.
- Automate and optimize various processes within the DWH.
- Support our service desk and Business if there are functional requests or technical problems.
- Maintenance of the DWH environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to business stakeholders and other colleagues.
- Next to this, you will assist in implementing our new DWH solution within our to-be Smart BI Future State Architecture, where we will be working with Data Warehouse Automation and Data Virtualization tooling and techniques.
The BI Analytics Engineer will ideally have the below skills and expertise:
- Several years of recent BI experience in data modelling, data integration, and ETL).
- At least a bachelor/master’s degree (e.g., Applied Computer Science)
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on expertise in programming T-SQL / MS SSIS / Visual Studio / C#.
- MS SQL databases hold no secrets for you.
- Experience with Data Warehouse Automation.
- Experienced in working in Agile/Scrum/DevOps teams.
- Solid social and communication skills.
- Preferably general banking knowledge.
- English is our corporate language, but Dutch language skills are also appreciated.
- Experience with WhereScape is a pre.
If you are a skilled BI Analytics Engineer, you can apply by:
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a market specialist in the Netherlands working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Service and IT industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Kevin Lindijer at firstname.lastname@example.org.