3 months ago
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our growing Business Intelligence team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial with a natural curiosity and strives for operational excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities.
The BI Engineer will ideally have the following responsibilities:
- As such, you will work within the Amsterdam-based Business Intelligence team that is responsible for data extraction, curating, normalization, and reporting.
- This role combines elements of operational maintenance as well as new developments on a project basis.
- This key opportunity works directly with Data Analysts, Architects and Database Administrators to optimize the data structures and data models used.
- A steep learning curve is anticipated; you will have to pick up the structures in place.
- Strong communication skills are necessary to share your knowledge and quickly engage in ongoing projects and team discussions.
The BI Engineer will ideally have the below skills and expertise:
- university degree in Computer Science, Data Science or similar
- 5+ years experience in a Data Analytics or data-handling role with a technical focus
- Hands-on experience working with Financial Market reference data in a database environment (experience in Trading or Clearing organizations is a big plus)
- Extensive experience with SQL is required; this is the core of this role
- Extensive experience with Python is required
- Experience with establishing OLAP framework to track KPI ( SQL Server preferred)
- Proven experience with data modelling, data curating and data normalization
- Multi-task in a structured manner
- Absorb large quantities of information and handle a steep learning curve
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a project team structure is an advantage
- Experience with / interest in reporting design tools is an advantage
- SQL Server (Analysis Services)
- Power BI
If you are a skilled BI Engineer, you can apply by:
Select the Apply button below or contact me directly.
I am a market specialist in the Netherlands working with a large variety of clients across the Financial Service and IT industries. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly. Contact Kevin Lindijer at email@example.com.