about 1 month ago
We have partnered with a banking client in Northern California looking to add a Bond Portfolio Manager to their growing team. This Organization is among the largest commercial banks headquartered in California, and as the Bond Portfolio Manager, one would be responsible for managing the Bank's bond portfolio. Including development of investment strategy with senior management, purchasing bonds, and monitoring portfolio performance.
As a Bond Portfolio Manager you will:
- Review and interpret governmental monetary and fiscal policies, economic conditions, and bond market conditions and applies such knowledge in developing bond portfolio management recommendations for senior management (CFO & CEO) and in managing the Bank’s bond portfolio.
- Buy bonds for the Bank's investment portfolio in accordance with senior management approved strategies and tactics, perform pre-purchase due diligence prior to bond purchase (achieving Community Reinvestment Act goals for investments).
- Monitor the performance of the Bank’s bond portfolio regarding yield, duration, liquidity, credit quality, value and other attributes, and perform quarterly stress tests of the bond portfolio value.
- Provide investment portfolio management services to the Bank’s Trust Department, reviews trust accounts which hold individual equities and/or bonds and makes portfolio management recommendations, and provide investment related materials for, attend, and participate in monthly Trust Investment Committee meetings.
As a Bond Portfolio Manager, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Economics, or similar degree. (MA or MBA highly desirable).
- Minimum of five-years’ experience managing bond portfolios.
- Proficiency in current bond portfolio management strategies and tactics, as well as attributes of various bond structures.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Excel, Morningstar, and other IT applications related to profession.
If you are a skilled Bond Manager, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348