Bay Area (Remote)
6 months ago
We are partnered with a banking client in The Bay Area that is looking for a (REMOTE) BSA Compliance expert to join their team. The VP, BSA Compliance Manager participates in the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of comprehensive BSA/Compliance policies and procedures. Provides support in handling matters, relating to regulatory inquires, complaints, and proposals and acts as a resource for department managers by resolving various compliance related issues and questions. Ensures that BSA/Compliance Reviews adhere to Corporate Compliance policies and procedures regarding independence of testing, statistical sampling, and work-paper documentation.
As a BSA Compliance Officer, you will:
- Leads in implementing the Compliance Management System (CMS) program initiatives and business initiatives as it relates to deposit/lending and BSA Compliance for the bank.
- Performs BSA Reviews (Monitoring and Testing) to assess the effectiveness of the Bank's practices used to ensure legal and regulatory compliance and work with Bank departments to ensure monitoring activities are completed in an effective manner
- Manages bank wide BSA/AML program including; timely management of alerts generated by the AML software to detect money laundering or other financial crimes, fraud or identity theft, daily review of large cash transactions for approval and CTR electronic submission, perform 314a searches.
- Coordinates bank wide CDD/EDD program, including review of CDD/EDD account risk analysis to ensure accuracy of determinations.
- Works with various departments to establish procedures for identifying suspicious customer transactions, specific to money laundering, including the proper method for reporting such activity to the Compliance/BSA department, as required.
- Participates in the Compliance and BSA/AML Regulatory Risk Assessment process that identifies and maintains the bank list of high, medium, and low risk, legal and regulatory obligations.
- Supports the Compliance Officer during FDIC and State Bank examinations and Compliance audits and assists in tracking all examination, audit and compliance risk findings and issues to resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and internal company policies, including but not limited to BSA / Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, Privacy, and Anti-Discrimination, to the extent each applies to current job responsibilities.
As BSA Compliance Officer, you will need:
- 5+ years' experience serving as BSA Officer within a financial institution with significant experience in BSA compliance and laws and regulations affecting consumers and financial institutions
- 3+ years of fraud risk related experience with exposure to transactional and account analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or of related field and CAMS designation preferred.
If you are a skilled BSA Compliance Officer you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 350 – 6348