19 days ago
A banking partner of ours is looking to bring on an experienced BSA Compliance Specialist II to their team. Reporting directly to the BSA Officer, the BSA Compliance Specialist will be responsible for the analysis of reports that are generated by the Bank's AML software and the core processing system in response to the Bank's Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA-AML) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Compliance Programs. In addition, the position will focus on the monitoring of customer data with all applicable BSA-AML and OFAC laws and regulations.
As a BSA Compliance Specialist II, you will:
- Ensure that OFAC and 314a list batches are being processed and investigated in Patriot Officer within a timely manner.
- Monitor the daily OFAC reports for possible matches and assist departments with further investigations and documentation.
- Analyze cases and assist with research of suspicious activity assigned by the BSA-AML Officer and thoroughly document investigation findings, and compose comprehensive investigation narratives.
- Perform an analysis of system reports daily, monthly and/or quarterly (cash transactions, credit card cash advances, new customer, new deposit accounts, new/renewed loans, gift cards, money orders and prepaid debit cards) to detect suspicious activity and conduct quality control reviews.
- Monitor and conduct periodic new account reviews relating to Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Beneficial Ownership through Patriot Officer and core system.
- Release Beneficial Ownership in Patriot Officer and ensure accuracy.
- Conduct quality control and monitor the monetary instrument log for suspicious activity.
- Assist with the data collection for the OCC's Annual Money Laundering Data (MLR)
- Monitor Red Flags and assist departments with further investigations and documentation.
- Maintain logs for fraud activity, conduct 90 day reviews and assist with SAR preparation.
- Monitor the non-resident aliens and maintain records.
- Ensure that the bank renews the 314 (b) list voluntary sharing annually.
- Maintain filing and the BSA record retention requirements for the Compliance Department.
- Assist with CRA data collection process.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the Bank's values and philosophies.
- Promote candid and open communication throughout the Bank.
- Work with employees and departments regarding monitoring exceptions and follow up on exceptions and other areas of responsibility to achieve resolution.
- Adhere to current BSA-AML program requirements.
- Serve as backup and perform any other duties required to ensure best practices in the Compliance Department.
As a BSA Compliance Specialist II, you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. CAMS or Certification in BSA-AML desired.
- Minimum 2 years of similar or related experience in Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulations required.
- Experience using Global Vision's Patriot Officer Software desired.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, OFAC regulations, CIP, Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence requirements, FinCEN guidance, and OCC and other regulatory guidance related to BSA/AML/OFAC and financial crime.
If you are a skilled BSA Compliance Specialist II, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the Southwest and West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Austin Good, email@example.com or (619) 350-6195