A Banking client of ours headquartered in Kansas is hiring a new BSA Officer. This is a full-time onsite role, to be based in Wichita, relocation is possible but this is NOT A REMOTE ROLE.
This role reports to the Chief Risk Officer and leads a team of 10+ Financial Crime professionals. The BSA Officer will provide expertise to advise and guide the company in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, program governance, and process improvements.
- Oversee and monitor an effective BSA/AML compliance program that is aligned with current industry best practice, regulatory guidance, and compliance practices, but not limited to monitoring for cash activity, suspicious transactions, and customer identification program (“CIP”) and due diligence compliance as well as drafting and updating policies and procedures related to BSA/AML/OFAC compliance.
- Direct BSA department staff in the course of their daily work regarding monitoring and reporting, ensuring staff is fulfilling all required functions in a timely, efficient, and effective manner in a fast-paced environment that is continuing to grow and scale.
- Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC and ID Theft Risk Assessments as needed, and no less than annually, with consideration to products, services, customers, and geographies that may present BSA/AML/OFAC related risk; reporting such annually to management and the Board of Directors or a committee thereof.
- Perform parameter tuning for the Bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC software.
- Review and update the BSA/AML/OFAC Policy and ID Theft Red Flags Policy no less than annually and submit them for Board approval.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of work performed by the BSA Department staff to ensure the accuracy of work performed.
- Maintain collaborative alliances with all Bank business lines to ensure appropriate BSA/AML/OFAC risks and red flags are identified and communicated prior to implementation of new/changed products and services.
- Coordinate with the Training Department to ensure appropriate BSA/AML/OFAC compliance training for applicable staff throughout the Bank.
- Coordinate appropriate training for BSA Department staff to maintain a high level of knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance.
- Prepare reports for updates to Management Risk Committee and the Board of Directors, or a committee thereof, information regarding the BSA/AML/OFAC Program including but not limited to SARs filed, alert and CTR trends, high risk customers, risk assessments, status of any corrective actions taken related to identified compliance deficiencies, as well as industry trends and emerging risks.
- Liaise with auditors/examiners during compliance audits/examinations.
- Provide the CRO with periodic status reports to determine the extent of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance as well as operating efficiencies.
- Perform special projects and additional duties and responsibilities, as required, and directed by the CRO.
- Bachelor’s degree and CAMS certified
- 10+ years’ worth of experience in the financial services industry in BSA/AML related capacity or as a regulator
- 5+ years’ worth of management experience
- Ability to understand, interpret, convey, and implement the requirements of regulations
- Proficient in BSA/AML Software
For more information and to apply, get in touch directly: firstname.lastname@example.org