$115,000 - $125,000
7 months ago
We are partnered with a growing Crypto Fintech (prime broker) looking for a BSA officer to join their legal and compliance team.
As BSA Officer, you will operate under delegated authority from the Board and have overall responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of effective AML and CTF systems and controls. This person will report to someone from the senior compliance leadership team and manage the international BSA compliance team which includes oversight of investigations, SAR filings, KYC policy/law enforcement and regulatory interaction.
- Establish new and enhance current AML and CTF systems and controls, overseeing implementation
- Maintain and develop a risk-based approach to AML and CTF arrangements, including carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively.
- Review the output from the suspicious activity monitoring processes.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are current and accurately documented in the job aids
- Ensure the Board is kept informed of money laundering risks posed by business activities, and how these are managed and mitigated.
- Arrange and assist with regulatory visits, third party and internal audit inspections.
- Stay abreast of developments in applicable legislation and guidance (domestic and international where applicable to current or potential business activities).
- SARS: using all available resources, maintain a reporting and case review process for receiving, investigating, and reporting to FinCEN Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial and/or compliance related business functions.
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes.
- A willingness to take personal legal responsibility for the prevention of financial crime is essential.
- Professional compliance, financial qualification, or membership of a recognized professional body is a plus
As a Fintech Compliance, Financial Crime, and Legal market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of established and growing Fintech companies across the country. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the Fintech space, you are welcome to reach out directly:
Kayla Bane, firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 326-3672