Stellan Byrd Christensen
6 months ago
We are looking for a Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer to join our compliance team! A successful BSA Officer will act as the main point of contact for the compliance team in the North American market and will be responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and administration of all aspects of the corporate-wide Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance Program. This position monitors compliance with state and federal Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and OFAC laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate should have working knowledge and understanding not only of the Bank Secrecy Act, but of AML Laws and regulations in the US, UK and EMEAC regions.
• Understands US government regulations with emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act and related regulations.
• Implement and maintain policies, procedures, and systems to ensure comprehensive customer identification, customer due diligence, and suspicious activity monitoring and reporting.
• Develop a business-wide BSA/AML risk assessment with consideration to products, services, customers, and geographies that may present BSA/AML related risks.
• Direct and perform special projects or audits as directed.
• Address regulatory changes that impact the business units.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ related experience at a financial institution normally required;
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification or similar
• B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in a similar role normally required;
• Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative and training skills;
• Extensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Money Laundering Control Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control regulations, as well as with key banking and applicable federal, state and local regulations;
• BSA officer will have managerial experience at least a team 3-4 (AML/KYC analysts or regulatory reporting teams)
• Self-starter and comfortable of working in a high pace environment
• Embrace the application of technology and data
• Familiar with latest RegTech solutions and can support/drive the agenda for the US compliance function