South Bend, IN, USA
$120,000 - $140,000
6 months ago
We have an open role for a BSA Officer to join a Bank that has a focus on both Retail and Speciality Loans to be based in Indiana.
The responsibilities will include maintaining and administering the Corporation’s activities associated with all of the following: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). You will also work with a team of Analysts and interact directly with regulatory bodies when required.
- Acts as liaison with law enforcement agencies who may be investigating suspected criminal activity defined within the BSA regulations.
- Conducts appropriate investigations and performs analysis as prescribed by the BSA. Ensures required reports are filed with the appropriate agency.
- Identifies new or revised laws and regulations impacting the Bank and coordinates regulatory changes.
- Trains staff and bank personnel in loss prevention procedures.
- Leads, directs and supervises assigned staff and exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- 5-8 years of loss prevention experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, audit and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others as appropriate, as well as of company documents and records.
If you have an interest in this role, please get in touch immediately.