over 1 year ago
A banking client of ours in the Bay Area is looking for a BSA Supervisor to join their team. The BSA Supervisor will report to the BSA Officer and oversee a team of BSA analysts, managing the BSA processes within the bank.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations.
- Supervises the department's daily activities and the staff. Ensures alerts, case investigations, EDD Reviews, CTRs, SARs and other tasks are performed according to quality and timeliness standards.
- Supports the Bank's BSA compliance programs. Requires in-depth knowledge of each 35% function.
- Supports Bank Secrecy Act Officer to ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, U.S. Patriot Act, FinCEN, OFAC and other regulations.
- Reviews and investigates complex customer activity and relationships using various software and reports to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing, and illegal activity.
- Reviews OFAC and FinCEN monitoring reports.
- Maintains department documentation, revising as necessary to align with regulatory and legal changes.
- Performs enhanced due diligence monitoring for high-risk customers.
- Monitors Bank compliance with all applicable laws and regulations to ensure satisfactory audits and regulatory examinations.
- Functions as a working supervisor ensuring all departmental activities are completed in a 35% timely and accurate manner.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of all departmental duties and responsibilities.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the department, including quality control and approval of department work, to ensure operating schedules are met.
- Identifies departmental training needs and provides opportunities to enhance skill set of current staff members.
- Recommends staffing actions on direct reports, including hiring, terminating, performance counseling, salary adjustments, and promotions.
- Maintains work/vacation schedule; monitors time and attendance.
- Analyzes departmental statistics and needs.
- Recommends enhancements to current operational programs and procedures to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Prepares & reviews numerous BSA Regulatory Reports, Suspicious Activity Reports 25% (SARs), Blocked Accounts, various CTR/MISL logs and reports.
- Responds to inquiries from branches, internal departments, and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other job related duties as required.
- 5 years banking experience working in a BSA regulatory environment.
- Thorough knowledge of BSA policies, procedures, and banking operations.
- Knowledge of legal processes, statutory reporting and requirements a must.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, research, organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Windows environment, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access software.
- Utilize knowledge of bank operations/policies, legal requirements and regulatory issues to complete complex assignments.
- Analyze current operational procedures and systems to identify changes needed to accommodate additional services or work volumes.
- Prioritize multiple demands while continuing to meet established service standards.
If this opportunity interests you please apply here or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org!