Chicago, IL, USA
6 months ago
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Business Analyst to take on a role with a leading Hedgefund based in Chicago.
- Analyze business problems and come up with business requirements to build software systems used by Regulatory trading and technology teams
- Research various forms of structured and unstructured data using various technical tools including shell scripting tools, SQL, Advanced Excel, Python ( desirable but not required ) to come up with requirements.
- Work with developers and partner with them to implement the solutions.
- Research and Troubleshoot production problems to identify root cause and assist developers to fix the issues strategically.
- Conduct gap analysis to identify and address gaps resulting from various problems.
- Assist developers in testing the various solutions being built.
- Develop use cases to assist developers and other stake holders to ensure complete coverage of the functionality being developed and tested.
- Interpret and understand the various regulatory rules associated with Broker dealer and Asset Manager business to determine the project requirements.
- Degree (3.5 GPA and above)
- Master's Degree (ideally)
- 3-7 years of experience in the financial services sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience creating queries and utilizing reporting tools to retrieve data and prepare reports is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Linux Commands & any other development language, including Java, Python, or Perl and Shell scripts.
- Desire to be in a seat that spans across the asset manager, and a willingness to engage and understand each business.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment (can pivot between tasks with ease).
- Enjoys team collaboration but is able to work autonomously and with direct limited oversight.
- Basic understanding of financial products and the operations of financial institutions.
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch with an updated resume!