29 days ago
Business Risk AVP, European Private Bank
- Support / deputise Head of Business Risk Management in ad hoc assignments and projects.
- Perform independent surveillance reviews to ensure Front Office staff in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedure as well as regulatory requirements.
- Timely follow-up on any identified deficiencies to minimize potential regulatory breaches and escalate to line manager as needed.
- Provide classroom and one to one training to Front Office staff.
- Support regulatory inquiries, internal audits and compliance testing program.
- Assist the compilation of management reporting to senior management.
- Identify and participate in process re-engineering projects to reduce the residual risks of the Bank and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including Business Management, Legal and Compliance, Operational Risk, Operations and Product Management.
- Provide administrative support and other duties (e.g. engage in ad hoc projects) as assigned in the Hong Kong Business Risk Management Team.
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience in financial or banking industries
- Experience with general business risk management, including control frameworks are preferred
- Understanding of products and Wealth regulatory banking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt and adjust to changing work priorities and to multitask
- Communicates with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats; able to distill complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations
- Exceptional soft skills with the ability to challenge the controls while also getting stakeholder buy-in.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines with timely responses and resolutions
- Proficiency with computer skills as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages
- Strong analytical skills and able to exercise sound judgment in decision making practices
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and multicultural awareness and sensitivity
If you are interested in the above role, please click Apply Now or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.