about 1 month ago
A commercial banking partner of ours in Canada is in search of a new CCO to join their team!
As a Chief Compliance Officer, you will:
- Oversees the branch’s Compliance and AML Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the Canadian branches.
- The position ensures the branch’s management team, and all employees are compliant with rules and regulations of regulatory agencies of Canada and internal policies and procedures.
- Develops and periodically reviews/updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance and training to management and employees.
- Supervises operations to make sure its accounting, investment, deposit, remittance, and lending practices comply with the rules and guidelines of OSFI, FCAC, FINTRAC, Bank Act of Canada and local laws.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance concerns and complaint issues within the Organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
As the Chief Compliance Officer, you will need:
- 5+ years of experience of working as a Compliance officer in the banking sector.
- BA degree or equivalent in law, finance, business administration or related field.
- Only Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this position.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the rules and guidelines of OSFI, FCAC, FINTRAC, Bank Act of Canada and local laws, as well as the industry’s best practices
- Compliance certification and bilingual (Mandarin) desired but not required
If you are a skilled Chief Compliance Officer, you can apply by:
Selecting the “Apply” button below or by contacting me directly.
As a Compliance & Financial Crime market specialist, I am partnered with a myriad of large and small Financial Services and Banking Institutions across the West Coast. If this role is of interest to you, or if you are interested in exploring other opportunities within the market, you are welcome to reach out directly to:
Christian Bohn, email@example.com or (619) 350 – 6348