San Francisco, CA, USA
about 2 months ago
A large Financial Services institution in San Francisco is looking for an individual to take on a CCO role, spearheading its efforts for the Institutional Trust arm of the wider business. In conjunction with the Legal function, this position oversees compliance with applicable laws and regulations and is responsible for, among other things, establishing legal and compliance policies and procedures that meet applicable regulatory requirements and testing the effectiveness of those policies and procedures, overseeing regulatory matters, and providing compliance training.
This role reports into the Head of Americas Compliance and Global Head of Investment Advisory Compliance. The primary clients are retirement plans so the best candidate should have experience with or strong interest in retirement plan investing. This team also manages engagements with the firms’ primary regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (“OCC”), as well as other regulators in the U.S. and globally.
The successful candidate will help lead a team of 8 compliance professionals who collectively oversee compliance with the requirements of OCC regulation, SEC rules, and ERISA requirements, other applicable laws and regulations. The successful candidate will be able to effectively manage compliance risk as follows:
- Continuously enhance and manage the compliance framework whilst ensuring regulatory and policy requirements and procedures are embedded within the business areas and technology systems.
- Demonstrate success in partnering with legal, compliance and business teams globally and to constantly engage with U.S. regulators including driving strong results in regulatory exams and other engagements with regulators and auditors.
- Track and understand the changing regulatory environment to ensure policies, procedures and key stakeholders are kept current.
- Execute governance and management reporting including by participating in management and governance forums to consistently manage regulatory compliance risk on a timely basis.
- 10+ years of legal, regulatory or compliance experience at a financial institution.
- BS/BA required; JD or other relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Investment management compliance or direct OCC, SEC, or ERISA regulatory experience for a sophisticated financial services firm.
- The candidate should also be experienced in policy writing, presenting and communicating to senior management and familiar with compliance testing technology.
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement and enhancement including the automation of processes and effective management reporting.
If this opportunity interests yourself, please get in touch.