about 1 year ago
A regional banking client of ours in Indiana is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join their team and add value to the Bank in the compliance department, reporting into the General Counsel.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing and administering the Bank’s Compliance Management Program and remaining compliant with banking laws and regulations, particularly consumer protection laws.
- Provide advice and support to the business unit leaders and business unit compliance officers (BUCO), who have primary responsibilities for assuring their unit’s compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance, tools, data, resources and communication regarding new or revised laws and regulations impacting business units.
- Partner with business units and advises on the development of policies and procedures needed to meet regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Monitor the on-going compliance efforts for the entire Bank.
- Will be considered a subject matter expert on compliance issues related to the corporate compliance function.
- Advises members of senior management, risk management teams and other areas of the Bank regarding the Compliance Management Program, compliance risks, the Complaint Management Program, the Fair Lending Program, corrective action plans (as may be necessary from time-to-time), and all other areas of regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance of fair lending risks, including but not limited to, fair lending risk assessment, data analysis of fair lending risks, and all other compliance related duties supporting the Bank’s fair lending program.
- Serves as a liaison between the Bank and all external compliance related audits, reviews, federal and state examinations, and other third parties as assigned by the GC.
- Interfaces with internal and external resources to keep apprised of state and federal legislative and regulatory developments which affect corporate compliance process.
- Responsible for guidance regarding a compliance training program for the various business units and linking such training to functional roles.
- Responsible for leading the development of the annual enterprise-wide compliance training curriculum.
- Responsible for oversight of the marketing and advertising review process for assurance with regulatory compliance requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in a similar compliance role in a corporate environment.
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience in writing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to take charge, motivate others, interact with senior management, establish objectives, and drive results.