$120,000 - $140,000 (CAD)
5 months ago
A banking client of ours in Canada is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer. In this role, the selected individual will oversee the branch’s Compliance and AML Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues and concerns within the Canadian branches. You will manage 3 individuals across AML, Policy writing & Regulatory Compliance also and work alongside other senior stakeholders within the business.
Only Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be considered for this position, due to visa restrictions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities：
- The position ensures the branch’s management team and all employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies of Canada and internal policies and procedures.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance and training to management and employees.
- Supervises operations to make sure its accounting, investment, deposit, remittance and lending practices comply with the rules and guidelines of OSFI, FCAC, FINTRAC, Bank Act of Canada and local laws.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance concerns and complain issue within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- 6+ years’ worth of experience working in the banking sector, as a CCO or Senior level Compliance Officer is a MUST.
- A Bachelors degree is needed.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the rules and guidelines of OSFI, FCAC, FINTRAC, Bank Act of Canada and local laws, as well as the industry’s best practices.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of regulatory reporting procedures.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch today! email@example.com.