$140,000 - $180,000 + benefits + bonus
about 2 months ago
A startup credit card issuer based in Austin, TX is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer. This Series A funded business is a few months from launching and this role will pivotal for the expansion of the business. You will report directly in to the CEO and work with other members of the senior leadership team, this position can also be remote.
- Formulate policies, procedures and processes that are part of the written Compliance Management System (“CMS”) and implement elements of the CMS throughout organization to promote compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Perform compliance monitoring and testing across all business segments and oversee exam and issue management, including compliance risk identification and remediation.
- Maintain written CMS that implements an effective risk-based compliance system and promotes compliance accountability. Perform risk and control assessments, including identification of risk, control gaps, root cause analysis, and mitigation strategies. Implement policies, procedures and training to align processes with CMS and regulatory requirements. Implement controls, compliance audit, monitoring and testing programs to prevent, identify and correct noncompliance with regulatory requirements, including call monitoring for call center operations.
- Manage comprehensive consumer complaint management system/process and ensure appropriate and timely response to all complaints, perform root cause analysis and promote continual improvements. Coordinate with team members managing vendor management programs to provide regulatory compliance support and align regulatory compliance elements under the CMS.
- Partner with senior business leaders to drive strategic business decisions while balancing the need for tactical execution of compliance requirements. Assist the lines of business, as needed, in implementing remediation actions or mitigation strategies for identified compliance issues.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries, examinations, and investigations. Monitor and evaluate emerging compliance trends.
- Prefer 10+ years of compliance management experience in the credit card or lending space.
- Comprehensive expertise in risk assessment and regulatory compliance are required.
- Experience with controls and audit are a plus.
- Must be a collaborative and strategic partner to the business.
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch! #LI-ML1