Emily Jane Ashley
4 months ago
My client is one of the biggest players in the e-money fintech space, an FCA-regulated business which was established with a goal to deliver financial services on a white label basis.
Currently operating across the UK and EU markets, my client is looking for a CCO/MLRO which will report directly into the executive board and join the team in London.
My client is seeking an intelligent, dynamic, and driven CCO/MLRO to be responsible for oversight of the company’s compliance with AML and CTF rules and lead the operational and effectiveness of the systems and controls.
This position is critical to support the growth of the business and will be the focal point for all activity relating to Compliance and AML/CTF.
You will be expected to identify Compliance and AML/CTF risks and maintain the systems and controls, considering a range of factors, including:
- Customer, product, and activity profiles.
- Distribution channels.
- Processes and systems, and operating environment.
- Complexity and volume of our transactions.
As CCO/ MLRO, you will be responsible for:
- Ongoing FCA liaison.
- Regulatory oversight of the UK entity.
- Compliance training where required.
- Continuous liaison with Executive Management.
- expectation to become an EMD Individual.
- Maintenance of the risk management policies and risk profile in relation to money laundering and the financing of terrorism, including the application of those policies.
- Supervision of appropriate measures to ensure that money laundering and the financing of terrorism risks are considered in the day-to-day operations of the company, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers, and changes in business profile.
- Building, and taking accountability for, the AML/CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML/CTF risk assessments.
- Proactively identifying situations that may pose significant Compliance risk and guide management in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Driving a Compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities.
- Participating and collaborating in Compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conducting Compliance assessments and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products.
- As MLRO, you will also provide support to the business by providing guidance, as appropriate.
- Collaborating with internal Compliance and Fraud staff to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements.
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of Compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of PSD II.
- The gravitas to discharge these duties at a senior level including interaction with Executive and senior level management and the FCA if required.
- Excellent PSD II Compliance, AML, and Corporate Governance exposure/knowledge.
- Self-starter, motivated, with the ability to work both solo and as part of a bigger team.
- You are committed to, and excited about, world class compliance and independent oversight of this important agenda.
- You have previous experience as an MLRO with a strong background in financial services.
- Experience with FCA regulatory liaison.
- Associated qualifications, CISI/ACAMS (preferred)
If you’re looking for the opportunity to work within a highy regarded, diverse business, apply now and/or please reach out directly to Emily Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.