about 1 month ago
We are partnered with a fast-growing global fintech client who is looking to add a Chief Compliance Officer to their online crypto brokerage compliance team. The Chief Compliance Officer on the crypto side of the business has the unique opportunity to drive the compliance program aligned with the corporate strategic goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative fintech's in the industry
- Work with the affiliated company CCO to enhance the compliance program and manage the appropriate licenses and registrations federally (FinCEN), and with up to all 50 states, conduct a cryptocurrency buy, sell and trading business in accordance with all applicable money transmitter and related cryptocurrency laws, rules and regulations
- Oversee and act as primary contact for all money-transmitter/crypto-license management.
- Act as Chief AML Officer (BSA, USA Patriot Act and AML and anti-terrorism generally) working directly with the head of Financial Crimes and team.
- Work directly with the director of Fraud in shaping and overseeing fraud/manipulation policies and procedures, and rules or requirements relating to communications to customers and the public.
- Manage and oversee critical vendors regarding regulatory compliance.
- Educate/train employees on compliance culture and regulatory environment and requirements relating to cryptocurrency business.
- BA/BS required; JD or other relevant degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance in the financial services industry experience with a VASP, MSB or in the virtual currency industry a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in both BSA/AML/OFAC compliance and money services/money transmitter compliance.
- CAMS and/or CAFP preferred.