15 days ago
A banking client of ours is seeking a top-notch Chief Financial Officer to join their growing team and build out the department as they expand into the US market. Backed by a large foreign bank from Mexico, this role will be responsible for all aspects of the financial department and activities, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiation, and maintaining investor relations and partnership compliance. This role is located in the Houston, TX area.
- Oversee finance, fiscal strategy with experience in international tax, withholding tax, and accounting activities of the branch, the establishment of the financial dashboard, risk metrics dashboard, and KPI coordinate internal audit.
- In charge of the Branch Credit Approval Process and responsible for opening deposit accounts and lines of credit in compliance with KYC, SOW, and CDD guidelines as approved by the Branch AML Compliance Officer.
- Monthly and quarterly presentations to the branch board overseeing compliance with financial regulatory reporting to both federal and state agencies as a member of the banking loan committee, operational, market, and credit risk management and supervises risk management reporting activities.
- Knowledge of financial derivatives, structured finance, US GAAP, and international tax (U.S. – Mexico).
- Responsible for treasury, finance, administration, and loans department while supervising a staff of 3 and providing strategic recommendations
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial and compliance reporting to regulators
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning, establishing, and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders, reviewing all formal finance, HR, and IT-related procedures
- Bilingual Spanish required
- MBA or CPA highly preferred
- 6-10+ years of banking industry experience
- Management experience