over 1 year ago
Our client is a rapidly growing bank headquartered in Michigan with branches across 4 different states is looking for a Chief Risk Officer. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) will create, implement, improve, and administer the risk management programs for the Bank. The position will oversee the Bank’s risk management activities across the organization including BSA, Compliance, Quality Control, and Commercial Credit.
- Actively monitors the risk-taking activities and risk exposure to ensure the bank’s risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, the bank’s strategic objectives and the Board of Directors’ risk appetite.
- Responsible for the leadership, governance and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor risks throughout the bank. Establishes early warning or trigger system for breaches of the bank’s risk appetite or limits
- Responsible for all risk reporting to the Board Committee.
- Responsible for the Bank’s Compliance activities including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Identifies and coordinates programs and training designed to minimize threats and anticipate threats to the company
- Works with senior management in making strategic decisions and planning, seeking to optimize risks in the organization.
- Responsible for all third party independent reviews of risk, including but not limited to external loan review reports, compliance reports, regulatory examination reports, stress test results and any other reports or information that identifies, measures, monitors or assesses risk.
- Acts as the bank’s liaison to regulators.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years in banking and risk management
- Minimum five years’ previous bank senior management experience at the “Examiner-In-Charge” level or higher
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the desired skill set, please apply directly with an updated resume.