9 months ago
A banking client of ours in Washington State is looking for a Regulatory Compliance professional to join its team. This individual will work as part of the compliance team to support the Bank in mitigating compliance risk and assisting in the development, implementation and administration of the compliance management program.
- In conjunction with Strategic Operations Manager, develops, implements, and maintains standards for department activities to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, bank policy, and audits.
- Ensures departmental procedures are updated to reflect changes in law or regulations; oversees and develops changes to procedures to minimize compliance risk and maintain proper controls.
- Oversees departmental self-audits and certifications of Bank operations relevant to their department, documenting quality control compliance with state and federal regulations, and policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate records of department activities.
- Works in conjunction with the Bank’s Compliance Officer and/or legal counsel to ensure precautionary actions or measures are taken and assists in attaining established compliance goals as directed by the Director of Operational Risk or the Director of Regulatory Compliance.
- Serves as Compliance Lead for the Commercial Banking department, working in conjunction with Compliance department and leadership to ensure ongoing compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the department and division, writing and revising policies and procedures as needed, and communicating updates to the team.
- Reports to Compliance Committee or Working Groups on the Division’s state of compliance.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of experience in commercial banking with a minimum of 2-3 years of specific experience in compliance required.
- CRCM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and requirements as applicable.