4 months ago
A large banking client of ours in the Dallas area is looking for a Compliance Advisor to join the team in the Consumer Compliance Servicing department and be primarily responsible for ensuring the company complies with Federal and State regulatory requirements and internal policy and procedures. This role will act as the number two to the Compliance Manager in the departent and undertake monitoring reviews and escalate to senior staff where non-compliance is identified.
- Undertake monitoring reviews and escalates to senior staff where non-compliance is identified.
- Identify Federal and State Law requirements relating to Auto servicing, payments, product cancellations, fees, titles, impound, repossession, extensions, settlements, modifications, disclosures, and collection laws.
- Analyze existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for compliance requirements, and collaborates with the business units to implement procedures to ensure compliance.
- Identify systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate controls in place to ensure continuous compliance measures with laws, regulations and policies affecting the organization, recommends process improvements to management.
- Collaborate with team on projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Assess policies and procedures to ensure the business units are in compliance with standard regulatory and policy requirements.
- Participate in the execution and ongoing development of compliance management systems (CMS).
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance or equivalent field.
- 5+ years Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, or Financial Services.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in a consumer financial services environment with specific experience with federal (FCRA including Metro 2 reporting, SCRA, FDCPA, etc.) and state consumer servicing regulations, including those relating to customer service, collections, impound, repossessions, product cancellations, fees and disclosures.
- Knowledge of corporate regulatory requirements, and factors influencing the business in which the Corporation operates.
- Knowledge of key business control areas (Audit & Risk Review, Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, and Legal) and governmental regulatory agencies.
- Ability to resolve complex situations with internal clients and regulators.
- Ability to quickly respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, internal partners, and external consultants.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal documents
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Federal/State and other Regulators.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit and something you are interested in please apply here with a resume or reach out to email@example.com for more information!