10 months ago
A Fintech client of ours in San Francisco is searching for an experienced Compliance Analyst to take on a role within the Compliance team, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for conducting timely investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes. This individual will support the compliance team in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, FinCEN guidance, and other applicable regulations.
- To monitor and investigate compliance transaction monitoring alerts
- To identify, develop, and apply AML typologies, analytics, and investigative techniques
- Prepare and file suspicious activity reports
- Collect transaction monitoring metrics for management reporting
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations
- Assisting with customer due diligence and working with other departments to ensure copy-wide compliance practice
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ worth of working experience in compliance at a financial institution or Fintech or at a virtual currency company.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience (e.g., conducting AML investigations, customer due diligence, SARs preparation and filing)
- Experience writing and filing suspicious activity reports
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance and risks of an MSB
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent
- ACAMS certified (ideally)
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch with an updated resume.