$160,000 - $180,000
about 1 month ago
A Technology client of ours is looking for a Compliance & Risk Product Director to join its team. In this role you would be responsible for creating, implementing, managing, auditing, reporting compliance, and ensuring that internal products and technology programs meet or exceed industry-specific regulations.
- Creating and implementing a GRC strategy to assist in guiding engineering teams in a manner that promotes innovation while ensuring products are designed with compliance in highly regulated industries.
- Designing and integrating a GRC program for all regulated products and supporting technology services that comply with applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, SOC2 compliance, identity platforms, and digital asset custody services.
- Working closely with regulated financial institutions as a financial services technology vendor to integrate the financial institution’s products into the Company’s software platform.
- Developing and maintaining GRC plans, strategies, and policies to support and align with Company initiatives and regulatory compliance. Defining and participating in long-term strategy and planning for GRC programs.
- Conducting evaluations and audits of IT, Cybersecurity, and Engineering programs to determine compliance with policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Leading and managing the third-party and vendor risk management program and lifecycle.
- Documenting and performing risk assessments and due diligence reviews for third parties and vendors.
- Responding to security assessments, questionnaires, and audits from customers and business partners.
- Leading the creation and maintenance of technology & security policies, standards, processes, and guidelines for approval by management.
- Leading the SOC compliance program globally.
- Keeping abreast of ongoing trends and changes within the GRC community, compliance developments, particularly those impacting the blockchain, cryptocurrency, custody, and identity industries globally, federally, and at state levels.
- Working closely with IT, Cybersecurity, and Engineering teams to provide pragmatic and actionable advice and ensure that all technical solutions and product offerings are properly designed, secured, and operated in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Monitoring compliance activities within all departments and collaborating with department heads to identify non-compliance trends, including determining compliance metrics and establishing a system for real-time tracking and reporting.
- Leading Company’s data and privacy initiatives to comply with global data and privacy regulations.
- Advising the Regulatory Strategy & Affairs team on legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- Acting as the primary compliance representative with state and federal regulators.
- Overseeing and managing third-party vendors providing compliance services.
- Maintaining and supporting a culture of governance, risk, and compliance.
- 10+ years’ worth of Risk/Compliance experience in a highly regulated industry.
- The ability to leverage blockchain technology with a detailed understanding of cryptocurrency risks, controls, and evolving landscape is preferred.
- Understanding CIS, NIST, and other frameworks.
- Strong background in banking with knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
If this opportunity interest you, please get in touch!